Thursday, May 7, 2009

Negatives Turn to Positives

This week I've experienced some very unexpected and negative things, but I made a promise to myself that I would become a more positive and faithful person. That was the best decision I could have made. It seems like ever since I made that declaration, even the negative things that life has thrown at me have turned into overwhelming positives.

I have gotten such a pouring out of support from people this week. My heart is full, and I am more than persuaded that love, joy, and positive thinking are greater forces in the world than hate, bitterness, and negativity could ever be. I am also convinced that the "good" people in the world outnumber the "misguided" people. It's just that the good people whisper, while the others tend to scream.

Maybe someday the good and positive people will turn up the volume or get an amplifier, but maybe that's not how it's supposed to be. The Bible says the meek shall inherit the earth. Perhaps, people are meant to come to a positive way of thinking through kindness and gentleness, not by being bombarded by positive zealots.

Nevertheless, I feel more than blessed that I have experienced for myself the rewards of staying calm and allowing things to work themselves out. I hope that more people hear the whispers through the screams and are persuaded this way.

No comments: